Life is a Collage



Goodness!!!  I've taken a long absence from blogging.   Here's hoping I'll get reacquainted with everyone quite soon.

Here's a look at my life's collage... I've been working on several textured photographs and hope to share them here in the coming month. I've also been attending a new writer's group the last three months. It's been great so far. I'm hoping it will refocus my attention to writing poetry again. I've greatly missed my writing.  My long running photography club meets again next week. I'm loving its new direction.

Speaking of photography, I'm pleased to present two shops where my photographs are sold: Etsy and SmugMug. If you'd please stop by or spread the word it would be greatly appreciated. I still have lots to learn about each shop's rules, requirements and setup but I think you'll still enjoy your browsing experience. Any suggestions on how I could improve my shops would be appreciated.

My daughter graduated from high school this past month and will be setting up her fall college classes soon. We've been running around like crazy women trying to get everything situated...  hopefully the madness will subside.

My husband, daughter and I have been going to a local church sharing in its service and bible study since February. My husband was saved there on Easter Sunday while I was saved the following week.  Now we're waiting for the weather to clear long enough to get baptized.   I'm very excited about my spiritual journey as I've never been one who was close to God before. My husband and I have been reading the bible about three months now and find it fascinating. The stories are very uplifting and quite thought provoking.

Weekend before last we went to Ichthus an annual Christian music festival in Wilmore, KY.  From three o'clock until eleven we heard music from: J J Heller, Britt Nicole, City Harmonic, Matthew West and Chris Tomlin. We also got to hear Adrian Depres speak on The Four Chairs. What an incredible evening/ night. My only regret was not planning our time better so we could have experienced more... I'll share my pictures from the event in the coming month.

Since last October I've gone to one doctor or another and still have more to see in the coming months, sigh... but I'm happy to report I'm doing quite well, considering. I'll be having my blood work and CT scans done again July 5th.  August I'll be seeing the surgeon who operated on me. And December brings another colonoscopy. I guess you could say I'm busy, busy, busy.

In between time I've been trying to take pictures of a barn owl (i think). I can't get close enough to take a clear picture. It's been perching in a bare tree across the road from my house. Naturally the slightest movement makes him/ her skittish and it flies away... but, I'm persistent.

Lastly, I hope all my blogging friends are well and having a great summer with family and friends. I'll be stopping by soon to say hello.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You, fellow artist, have been wonderfully busy! Well done!
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/06/28/the-g-spot/

Anonymous said...

Great to see you blogging again! I was concerned about your health. Take care of yourself and God Bless!

lissa said...

glad to hear you are doing well.

just visited the shop, looks great. I like the textures you used.

don't know what to recommend as I don't have a shop. but certainly kindness and patience is always welcome. that's pretty much what I've learned as a customer.

have a lovely day.

Al said...

You sound very busy! I wish I could write, but I try to keep it to a minimum because my writing tends to be very boring. Although I can write accurate technical documents...

Rose said...

Oh, I am so glad to see you back! I keep coming by because sometimes for some reason, even when I have clicked to follow someone, it doesn't show up on my dashboard. I have no idea why. I had been wondering how you were and had lost your email...

Carver said...

Good to see you blogging again. Congratulations to your daughter on graduation! Lovely flowers at the beginning of this post.

Kateri said...

Glad to see you back! I went over to Esty as well and think your site looks very nice. I'm glad you are doing well.

Caron said...

Praise the Lord for your decision! This summer will be a lot of work with your daughter going to college this fall. Keep going and doing well. I enjoy your poems and photos. :)