random five friday

1) Spotted this baby robin yesterday in my yard. By evening  he or she was hiding beneath our eastern redbud for protection. If you look closely you'll see it has its downy hair still. Isn't he/ she adorable? If you'd like to see a video of him/ her hopping around in the yard waiting anxiously for mamas return you can go here. Sharing with 30 Days Wild, Day 24.

2) Yesterday my daughter was feeding her outside dog when she saw a snake. She came back inside for me so I could have a photo op. Naturally I follow her to the corner of our house and before I could snap the first shot it slithered away from sight, sigh...

3) Earlier this week a dear friend returned from her vacation with a gift for me.
It says: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Proverbs 3:5... Isn't It beautiful?

4) Last Saturday I received my amazon order which included a fitbit clip replacement, a fitbit wristband and three books (Let Me Die In His Footsteps by Lori Roy, The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler and Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper). Currently I'm reading Let Me Die In His Footsteps. So far I'm enjoying the read.

5) I recently bought my husband a weather station as a father's day/ birthday gift. Since setting it up we've had a few storms to pass through. Yesterday morning it registered the rainfall as .75". It rained again that evening and registered .08". In all we almost reached 1" of rainfall yesterday. I bought that station for my husband and I've been as excited to watch those numbers as he has.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, haven't you been busy! Have you ever taken a photo of a snake, then couldn't stand to have it in your camera? I have.
I like watching the weather, too. Have fun with his gift!

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful little chick, love it.

Christine said...

such a precious shot! And your gift is lovely.

Naquillity said...

i find i don't mind having a snake photo in my camera because i'm so excited to have one to begin with, i guess. plus, i love to share all wildlife with everyone... love playing with that weather station. it shares the temp, barometric pressure, rainfall and windspeed... happy weekend to u...

Icy BC said...

I like your baby Robin picture, but as far as reading the post, the font is killing me! I can't make it out, so sorry :(

Geraldine said...

Sounds like my kind of Amazon order, I love Amazon. I've been intrigued by the fitbit bands, I hope you share how that works out.

LOVE the sound effects here, was that hard to do?

Have a great weekend and week to come, hugs, G

Lynda Lehmann said...

Sorry you missed the snake. That happens to me all the time. And I can't tell you how many dinners are interrupted by my need to photograph the food or the prep! But we will always seek out photo ops!

What a beautiful gift from your friend!

Naquillity said...

@Geraldine my fitbit replacement clip is working great and the wristband i equally great. i'll use the latter while kayaking so my fitbit will count my rowing. as for the fitbit itself. i don't go without it. i lost 37 pounds initially using it. i regained 7 back and have maintained since. it's a great tool for helping you on your fitness plan.

for the sound effects... i uploaded to Soundcloud the clips i wanted to use and put it into a grouping to share on my blog. very simple sharing with blogger.

hope you have a great weekend too...

Naquillity said...

@Lynda as it turns out i was able to go outside the next day and capture some images of the snake. i'll be sharing him/ her on tuesday... it turns out it was a garter snake. i agree, we will always seek that one photo op, ;) have a great weekend...