quotes

Here's a list of my favorite quotes which will be updated periodically. Scroll down to see newest additions. Can't wait to see your favorite make the list? Leave me your favorite quote in the comments below.


I aim here only at revealing myself, who will perhaps be different tomorrow, if I learn something new which changes me.

~Montaigne

I'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide.

~Emily Bronte

If I could do it, I'd do no writing at all here. It would be photographs; the rest would be fragments of cloth, bits of cotton, lumps of earth, records of speech, pieces of wood and iron, phials of odors, plates of food and of excrement...
... A piece of the body torn out by the roots might be more to the point.

~James Agee


People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

~Harvey Fierstein


Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

~Carl Bard

I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my own where I have planted vines and orchard trees, and in the heat of the day climbed up into the healing shadow of the woods.  Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup.  

~Wendell Berry

Look  to the origin of your effort, not the results.

~Shunryu Suzuki

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

~James Dean

2 comments:

Kateri said...

I love that quote! :)

S said...

Oh, I could read quotes forever. I will be back to reread these. Hard to pick a favorite. That's like choosing a favorite book. (just give me most of the library. :)

http://soulcrayons.typepad.com/soulcrayons/
~Gel