Anger Has No Turning

Anger grows hard between the devil
And death’s blossoms.
And spreads like an oak tree.
When a twig grows they are
The most unlikely birds.
It’s difficult to twist it as a stone
Into a wasp’s nest because
Every beginning is weak.
Silence will not fly into one’s mouth,
The palest ink, but, its fruit is sweet.
Gray hairs are slender anchorage-
The whisper of a pretty girl
Like a needle on a long road that
Has no turning.

Here are the proverbs I used for this poem:

Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp's nest.
Between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Evil enters like a needle and spreads like an oak tree.
Gray hairs are death's blossom's.
Heaven lent you a soul earth will lend a grave.
It is a long road that has no turning.
Luck has a slender anchorage.
Patience is a bitter seed but its fruit is sweet.
Pigs might fly, but they are most unlikely birds.
Roasted pigeons will not fly into one's mouth.
Silence was never written down.
The palest ink is better than the best memory.
The whisper of a pretty girl can be heard further than the roar of a lion.
When a twig grows hard it is difficult to twist it. Every beginning is weak.

1 comment:

Naquillity said...

Pam said...

Nice work, Michelle. My favorite line is "silence will not fly into one's mouth". This is better than the original.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Delete
Anonymous janetleigh said...

I just realized it's been a while since I've visited you, Michelle, so it was really nice to have a link to your blog..:) This poem is riveting. My favorite line is also "silence will not fly into one's mouth" - an excellent line with a very vivid images. Hope all is well with you, Michelle..:)

Sunday, May 04, 2008
Delete
Blogger Anna said...

Hi, I am a poet with a poetry blog and website. I would like to know if you would be interested in exchanging links? I have placed your link at:

Free Poems.

and

Poem Poem Poem

Would you like to link back to my site and my blog?

I have also created a blog where you can register and publish your own poems and stories. I would love to have your contributions if you are so inclined. The blog is

Poems and Stories. I hope you'll stop by.

Friday, May 09, 2008
Delete
Blogger Just someone said...

I love your poems; cant wait to sit back and read through your poems; love all the styles you write (a little pressed for time until June:( - will be free after that)

Monday, May 12, 2008
Delete
OpenID mariacristina said...

I never did get to try this poefusion because I went out of town that week, with no computer.

Your poem is enigmatic and surreal, with a very interesting flow of vivid images. Most creative!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Delete
Blogger Wordcrafter said...

Beautiful, and many thanks for visiting my page.

Thursday, May 29, 2008
Delete
Blogger paisley said...

i had to change my domain name to whypaisley.com please change your links and or feed as necessary

all you will have to do is remove the - from between why and paisley,, everything else will remain the same and will redirect you to the correct page.... sorry for the inconvenience...

Friday, May 30, 2008
Delete
Blogger Jane Doe said...

I love the way you wove those proverbs into your poem. It was so skillfully done!

Monday, June 02, 2008
Delete
Blogger TC said...

Hey, hope you're doing well. Haven't seen you around at all lately.

Monday, June 16, 2008
Delete
Blogger San said...

wow! thats amazing. can only imagine the kind of effort that went into this.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM