Human Clay

Band Creed
Album Human Clay

I chose to use the
same title as the album.






Human Clay
I do not understand the reason for my birth
It seems I come from that of earth
But, I am not of flesh and bone
And I cannot walk across this broken stone
Holding time within my hand
I am anchored to the land
The mystery is to be read
Upon these crossroads which lie ahead
Revealing my body’s true tone
I take my soul alone
Take away from my face this pain
If what I ask is not in vain
Give light to my darkened eyes
Before my spirit again dies
My shadows pain the ground
As my voice echoes no sound

1 comment:

Naquillity said...

Rose Dewy Knickers said...

Hi Michelle,

This is a neat poem to match the picture.

Rose

xo

Saturday, September 29, 2007
Delete
Anonymous Jak said...

quite pleasant. i liked the ending especially. feels like an old oral fable being passed down.

Sunday, September 30, 2007
Delete
Blogger Jo said...

Yes, a nice job.......though I find the painting very eery. And more prompts???? Great.

July 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM